In the two weeks from April 15 to April 28, 2019:
- A death with dignity bill was introduced in North Carolina.
- The proposed Nevada Death with Dignity Act did not meet the deadline to be voted on in the State Senate and is effectively finished for the session.
- “Exploring end-of-life options on National Healthcare Decisions Day,” NBC Maine, 4/16/2019
- “Guest column: A story of a good death,” The Times Record, 4/16/2019
- “Gary Anderson: First, do no harm,” The Times Record, 4/18/2019
- “Maine Rep. says time right for ’death with dignity” bill,” SeaCoastOnline.com, 4/20/2019
- “Letter to the editor: Death with dignity is not suicide,” Portland Press Herald, 4/22/2019
- “Casualties of deadline day include proposals to allow physician-assisted death, require appointed judges,” Nevada Independent, 4/24/2019
- “Gun safety, voter rights bills pass deadline; right to die fails,” Las Vegas Sun, 4/24/2019
- “Aid-in-Dying Bill Receiving More Support,” Spectrum News, 4/15/2019
- “Gov. Cuomo backs suicide legislation — urges Legislature to pass bill to allow access to poison pills,” New York Daily News, 4/15/2019
- “Letter: New York should allow fatally ill to die with dignity,” Buffalo News, 4/24/2019
Around the U.S.
- Connecticut: “Let reason, not religion, govern the aid-in-dying issue,” CT Mirror, 4/16/2019
- Massachusetts: “Advocating for options at the very end,” Telegram.com, 4/26/2019
- New Jersey: “New Jersey will now allow terminally ill patients to end their lives,” CNN, 4/15/2019
- Pennsylvania: “State must consider passing death with dignity legislation,” PennLive, 4/26/2019