In the two weeks from March 4 to March 17, 2019:
- Maryland House of Delegates passed a death with dignity bill.
- A death with dignity bill was introduced in Minnesota, bringing the total of state legislations considering aid-in-dying bills in 2019 to 15.
- Two additional Senators signed on to co-sponsor the aid-in-dying bill in New York.
- The New Mexico End of Life Options Act did not advance to floor votes before the 2019 legislative session ended; the Arkansas death with dignity bill was also not put up for a vote in committee.
- “Joseline Peña-Melnyk: Terminally Ill Marylanders shouldn’t have to suffer needlessly at life’s end,” Capital Gazette, 3/3/2019
- “House to vote Thursday on allowing lethal dose of drugs for terminal patients,” Washington Post, 3/6/2019
- “Maryland House approves aid-in-dying bill after emotional debate.” Washington Post, 3/7/2019
- “Amid tears, bowed heads, Maryland House of Delegates approves legalizing medically assisted suicide,” Baltimore Sun, 3/7/2019
- “House approves End of Life Option Act after emotional debate,” WBAL-NBC, 3/7/2019
- “Maryland House approves bill allowing medical aid in dying,” Fox 5, 3/7/2019
- “Emotions Run High as Maryland House Approves Medical Aid in Dying Bill,” NBC Washington, 3/7/2019
- “Maryland House passes drug-aided death bill,” Star Democrat, 3/7/2019
- “Maryland House Passes Medical Aid In Dying Bill, Moves To Senate,” CBS Baltimore, 3/7/2019
- “Md. House narrowly passes bill allowing medical aid in dying,” Frederick News Post, 3/7/2019
- “Our Say: Divide on end-of-life legislation remains, shifted slight in favor,” Capital Gazette, 3/10/2019
- “Right to a peaceful death,” Frederick News Post, 3/11/2019
- “Maryland legislators debate End-of-Life Option Act; concerns rise while on Senate floor,” WJLA, 3/14/2019
- “Significant changes expected to End of Life Option Act,” WBAL, 3/14/2019
- “The debate about death with dignity is over,” Reno Gazette Journal, 3/7/2019
“Do we have a right to die?” Nevada Independent, 3/8/2019
- “Don’t make the terminally ill resort to violent deaths,” Albuquerque Journal, 3/8/2019
- “Balancing good and harm in dying,” Santa Fe Mexican, 3/11/2019
- “House quashes ‘right-to-die’ bill,” Santa Fe New Mexican, 3/12/2019
- “Bill sponsor tables right-to-die legislation,” KRQE, 3/13/2019
- “‘Aid-in-dying’ bill won’t move forward,” Albuquerque Journal, 3/13/2019
- KARK, 3/11/2019
- “Arkansas physician-assisted suicide bill fails before panel,” AP News, 3/12/2019
- “Assisted-suicide measure stalls in Arkansas House committee,” Arkansas Democrat Gazette, 3/13/2019
- “Death with dignity: A widow’s perspective,” CT Mirror, 3/8/2019
- “Actor Helps Lobby For Aid-In-Dying Legislation,” CT News Junkie, 3/13/2019
- “Proponents of aid-in-dying legislation see path forward,” CT Mirror, 3/14/2019
- “Connecticut medical society now neutral on aid in dying,” WTNH, 3/17/2019
Around the U.S.
- Hawaii: “Kahala retirement home changes policy to allow medically assisted death,” Honolulu Star Advertiser, 3/8/2019
- Massachusetts: “Alan Chartock: We have a right to die with dignity,” Berkshire Eagle, 3/12/2019
- Minnesota: “Rosario: If I can, I want to go out with a bang or have a say in it,” Twin Cities Pioneer Press, 3/17/2019
- New York: “A CASE FOR DYING WITH DIGNITY,” Empire Report, 3/9/2019