- Who We Are
- Research Center
- Activists & Advocates
- Patients & Families
- Health Care Providers
- Support Us
- Press Room
Every day, students, terminally-ill individuals, medical professionals, advocates, and others are looking for more information about Death with Dignity Acts. Welcome to our Research Center: a great starting place to learn more about the movement, its history and current activities.
- Terminology: What we do and don't advocate for, and check out our Glossary of Terms for other terminology specific to end of life care.
- Frequently Asked Questions: In addition, please see the Physicians' Frequently Asked Questions and the FAQ category of our blog.
- History: Advocacy for physician assistance in dying when faced with a terminal illness has a long history
- National Efforts: Learn more about legislative efforts regarding end of life care.
- Death with Dignity Acts: Learn more about the Death with Dignity Acts in Oregon and Washington, including reports on usage of these Acts.
- Religion and Spirituality: Some faith traditions have embraced Death with Dignity as an ultimate act of compassion, and others reject it is as morally bankrupt practice.
- Books: Many books discuss the different perspectives of the right-to-die movement. We also post periodic book reviews in The Arts of our blog.
- Academic Articles
You can view additional resource links specific to patients and families, activists and advocates and health care providers.
Defend dignity. Take action.
You are the key to ensuring well-crafted Death with Dignity laws for all Americans. With your financial and volunteer help, the Death with Dignity National Center, a 501(c)(3), non-partisan, non-profit organization, has been the leading advocate in the death with dignity movement. Member contributions helped us pass a new Death with Dignity law in Washington, defend the Oregon law, and provide education and outreach programs for the vitality of the death with dignity movement.