In the two weeks from September 9 to September 22, 2019:
- Minnesota‘s House Committee held an informational hearing on a death with dignity bill.
- The Maine health department held a public meeting to discuss rule-making for the Death with Dignity Act. The following week, our opponents failed to gather enough signatures on a ballot measure petition to veto the Death with Dignity Act, and the law went into effect.
- Wisconsin legislators introduced an aid in dying bill.
- “Maine CDC schedules public meeting for input on Death with Dignity Act reporting rules,” Bangor Daily News, 9/11/2019
- “Folks to discuss Maine’s Death with Dignity law at upcoming meeting,” WABI5-CBS, 9/11/2019
- “Physician-assisted suicide legal in Maine next week,” WGME, 9/12/2019
- “When it’s time to die,” VOX Podcast, 9/17/2019
- “MaineHealth issues statement on death with dignity law,” Village Soup, 9/20/2019
- “Minnesota lawmakers will hear assisted suicide bill,” Twin Cities Pioneer Press via Associated Press, 9/10/2019
- “Rosario: Terminally ill, a retired social worker champions a “medical aid in dying” law,” Twin Cities Pioneer Press, 9/11/2019
- “Letters: Legislators, let people end their own lives on their own terms,” Twin Cities Pioneer Press, 9/11/2019
- “Minnesota lawmakers explore assisted suicide legislation,” Star Tribune, 9/11/2019
- “Physician-assisted suicide proposal fuels emotional testimony in St. Paul,” Duluth News Tribune, 9/11/2019
- “Walz won’t say if he supports assisted suicide bill or not,” KFGO, 9/14/2019
- “Chris Eaton: My end-of-life bill lets people make decisions about their health care if they can — and it protects those who can’t,” Twin Cities Pioneer Press, 9/15/2019
- “Legislators seek debate ond eath with dignity,” KPVI, 9/20/2019
- “”End-of-Life Options” Act introduced,” Channel 3000, 9/19/2019
Around the U.S.
- Colorado: “Company says clarity needed on Colorado assisted suicide law,” The Denver Channel – ABC7, via Associated Press, 9/12/2019
- Illinois: “Medical aid in dying needs support,” Pantagraph, 9/20/2019
- Massachusetts: “Letter: Allow patients medical assistance in dying,” The Eagle Tribune, 9/11/2019
- New Jersey: “NJ woman who sought aid-in-dying law dies in hospice care,” North Jersey Record, 9/17/2019
- Ohio: “Give terminally ill Ohioans access to end-of-life options,” Cleveland.com, 9/18/2019
- Oregon: “As I See It: Knowing when it’s time to go,” Corvallis Gazette Times, 9/11/2019
- Vermont: “Public invited to discuss Vermont’s medical aid in dying law,” WCAX, 9/17/2019
- Washington: “‘Bob’s Choice’ chronicles Seattle man’s decision to end his life using death with dignity,” K5News, 9/17/2019