In the two weeks from April 29 to May 12, 2019:
- A hearing on an aid in dying bill took place in Delaware.
- “Will Ties To A Catholic Hospital System Tie Doctors’ Hands?” Kaiser Health News, 4/29/2019
- “How I helped my dad die,” The New Fillmore, 5/4/2019
- “Opinion: Catholic doctrine should not dictate Californians’ end-of-life care,” San Jose Mercury News, 5/9/2019
- “What It’s Like To Prescribe Aid-In-Dying Drugs…,” Colorado Public Radio, 5/1/2019
- “Even With an Aid-in-Dying Law on the Books, Death Is No Certainty in Colorado,” Westword, 5/7/2019
- “Democrats reintroduce assisted-suicide bill,” Charlotte Observer via Associated Press, 5/2/2019
- “Delaware’s Death with Dignity/End of Life Options/Physician-Assisted Suicide Debate Continues with House Bill 140,” Morris James Blog, 5/3/2019
- “Democrat pushes physician-assisted suicide bill,” Delaware State News, 5/4/2019
- “The Universal Notebook: Time to take back our deaths,” The Forecaster, 4/29/2019
- “Letter to the editor: Aid-in-dying bill includes safeguards against abuse,” Portland Press Herald, 5/1/2019
- “Letter to the editor: My son chose death with dignity,” Portland Press Herald, 5/9/2019
- “Letter: Urge your legislators to support Death with Dignity bill.” Telegram.com, 5/7/2019
- “Death With Dignity: Doctor Assisted Death Bill Making Strides with Lawmakers,” Valley Advocate, 5/8/2019
Around the U.S.
- New Jersey: “Assisted suicide is legal in N.J. But key medical society still opposed after vote,” WHYY, 5/7/2019
- “How to Make Doctors Think About Death,” New York Times, 5/16/2019
- “Talking to Patients About End-of-Life Care,” New York Times, 5/11/2019
Featured image by Thomas Hawk.