In the two weeks from February 25 to March 7, 2019:
- The Nevada State Senate Health and Human Services Committee held a hearing on SB 165, an aid-in-dying bill.
- The New Mexico State Senate Public Affairs Committee held a hearing on SB 153, End of Life Options Act, and passed it 4 to 3.
- The Supreme Court of California denied the petition of a group of doctors challenging the End of Life Option Act to review their case.
- Two Maryland House of Representatives Committees jointly voted to pass the End-of-Life Options Act.
- “Death With Dignity? The Debate Over Medically-Assisted Suicide In Maryland,” The Kojo Nnamdi Show, 2/25/2019
- “Death With Dignity? The Debate Over Medically-Assisted Suicide In Maryland,” WAMU, 2/25/2019
- “Support, concern for Maryland’s 4th try at aid-in-dying bill,” Capital News Service, 2/26/2019
- “Assisted suicide measures advancing in Maryland,” Delmarva Now, 2/27/2019
- “Personal choice matters in health care, especially at the end of life,” Washington Post, 3/1/2019
- “Medically assisted suicide bill moves forward in Maryland General Assembly,” Baltimore Sun,
- “Letter: The End of Life Options Act deserves support of Legislature,” Worcester Telegram, 2/27/2019
- “Letter: Death With Dignity law provides needed option,” Berkshire Eagle, 2/27/2019
- “Bill to legalize physician-assisted suicide goes before lawmakers,” Las Vegas Now, 2/25/2019
- “Parks on assisted suicide bill: “This is the third, and I hope last attempt”,” Nevada Current, 2/26/2019
- “Lawmakers again take up bill to allow doctors to prescribe life-ending drugs to terminally ill patients,” Nevada Independent, 2/26/2019
- “Reaction broad to assisted suicide bill in Nevada Legislature,” Fox News, 2/26/2019
- “Nevada seeks to become eighth state to allow physician-assisted suicide,” Fox News, 2/26/2019
- “Nevada lawmakers hear emotional testimony on latest push to pass right-to-die bill,” Reno Gazette Journal, 2/26/2019
- “Death with dignity: Legislators revisit legalizing assisted suicide,” Las Vegas Sun, 2/27/2019
- “Nevada lawmakers hear arguments on assisted suicide bill,” Sparks Tribune, 2/27/2019
- “Will Nevada Join The Other States That Allow Physician-Assisted Death?” KNPR-Nevada Public Radio, 2/28/2019
Around the U.S.
- Arkansas: “AR Legislature bill would give ‘death with dignity’ option to terminally ill,” KARK-NBC, 2/27/2019
- Colorado: “125 Coloradans sought aid-in-dying medication in 2018, a 74 percent increase from 2017,” Ski-Hi News, 3/2/2019
- Connecticut: “It is time for Connecticut to pass an aid-in-dying bill,” CT Mirror, 2/28/2019
- New Mexico: “Bill legalizing life-ending medication passes committee,” KOB4, 2/26/2019
Featured image by Elena.