In the two weeks from January 14 to January 27, 2019:
- Death with dignity bills were introduced in Arizona, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Mexico, Rhode Island, and Virginia, bringing the total of aid-in-dying bills this session to 9 (earlier in the year bills had been introduced in Indiana and Utah and on January 28, 2019 in New York).
- “Dolores Huerta: Let’s stand for aid-in-dying law,” Albuquerque Journal, 1/20/2019
- “New Mexico considers legalizing medically assisted suicide,” WKBN and other outlets via Associated Press, 1/22/2019
- “Assisted-suicide bill introduced,” Albuquerque Journal via Associated Press, 1/22/2019
- “Aid-in-dying bill builds support but faces tough questions from critics,” Santa Fe Mexican, 1/27/2019
Around the U.S.
- Colorado: “Estes Park Health develops End-of-Life Act draft policy,” Trail Gazette, 1/17/2019
- Massachusetts: “Marianne LaBarge: Time to pass End of Life Options Act,” Daily Hampshire Gazette, 1/16/2019
- Nevada: “Terminally ill woman in Las Vegas wants to die on her own terms,” KTNV/ABC Las Vegas, 1/16/2019
- New York: “New push for physician-assisted suicide bill in NY,” WGRZ – NBC via Associated Press, 1/27/2019
- South Carolina: “Last Rights: A SC man knows he has only months to live. But he wants to choose when and how he dies.” Charleston Post-Courier, 1/19/2019
- Utah: “‘Death with dignity’ advocates persist in Utah despite heavy opposition,” Standard Examiner, 1/22/2019
- Washington: “The Doctors Who Invented a New Way to Help People Die,” The Atlantic, 1/21/2019
Featured image by Wolfram Burner.