In the weeks from November 19 to December 2, 2018:
- California’s 4th Court of Appeal overturned the lower court ruling nullifying the End of Life Option Act.
- “California’s right-to-die law upheld by state appeals court,” San Francisco Chronicle, 11/27/2018
- “Lack of Standing Dooms Suit to Block California Assisted-Suicide Law,” Courthouse News Service, 11/27/2018
- “California Court Reverses Ruling Against Assisted Suicide,” New York Times via Associated Press, 11/28/2018
- “Maine Voices: In name of mercy, Maine Death With Dignity belongs on ballot,” Portland Press Herald, 11/26/2018
- “Death with Dignity measures move forward in Maine,” Sea Coast Online, 12/2/2018
- “As an ACLU lawyer with disabilities, I’ve debated anti-‘Aid in Dying’ folks many times. My response to 3 key concerns,” NJ.com, 11/30/2018
- “As N.J. gets older, these laws would give aging residents more control | Editorial,” Times of Trenton / NJ.com, 11/30/2018
Around the U.S.
- Oregon: “Oregonians more likely to specify end-of-life wishes, study finds,” OregonLive.com / The Oregonian, 12/1/2018
- Tennessee: “Should Tennessee legalize physician assisted death?” Johnson City Press, 12/2/2018
- Virginia: “State Lawmakers May Soon Consider Ethics of Medicaid Aid in Dying,” Virginia Public Radio, 11/20/2018
- “The Growing Acceptance of Medical Aid in Dying,” Governing, 11/26/2018
Featured image by Daniel Blume.