In the two weeks from October 15 to October 28, 2018:
- Hawaii officials publicized their preparations for the implementation of the Our Care, Our Choice Act, an aid-in-dying law which takes effect in 2019.
- “Hawai‘i DOH: Healthcare Organizations Should Prepare for Aid in Dying Act,” Maui Now, 10/16/2018
- “State prepares for new medically assisted death law to take effect,” Honolulu Star Advertiser, 10/17/2018
- “Presentations planned in advance of assisted suicide law,” West Hawaii Today, 10/22/2018
- “Presentations tackle tough questions about Our Care, Our Choice Act,” West Hawaii Today, 10/25/2018
- “VIDEO: Our Care, Our Choice Act Explained,” Big Island Video News, 10/27/2018
- “Letter: Become informed on ‘Death with Dignity’,” Berkshire Eagle, 10/18/2018
- “Williamstown: Forum to examine death with dignity,” Berkshire Eagle, 10/25/2018
Around the U.S.
- Colorado: “Two years later, looking at impact of Colorado’s End-of-Life Options Act,” ABC Denver, 10/25/2018
- Maine: “Portland Phoenix | The Vote After the Vote: Maine’s ‘Death With Dignity’ group to collect signatures on Election Day,” Portland Phoenix, 10/25/2018
- New Jersey: “As a health researcher who has seen a loved one suffer through illness, ‘aid in dying’ is a humane option,” Star Ledger / NJ.com, 10/28/2018
- Ohio: “A near-death anniversary kindles a wish: Shouldn’t we be able to choose our own time to cross the Rainbow Bridge?” Cleveland Plain Dealer, 10/26/2018
- Utah: “Equal rights, beer and wine in grocery stores and other issues could go before voters in 2020,” Fox 13, 10/24/2018
Featured image by Jon S.