In the two weeks from October 1 to October 14, 2018, the following articles on our issue appeared in the media around the United States:
- “When SLO woman could no longer fight for her life, she chose to fight for her death,” The Tribune, 10/3/2018 (Part 1)
- “Assisted death came peacefully for SLO woman. But she faced a painful fight to fulfill her wish,” The Tribune, 10/4/2018 (Part 2)
- “Medical aid-in-dying is tough to access in SLO County. Here are resources for patients,” The Tribune, 10/4/2018
- “Op-Ed: ‘Aid in dying’ proposal would augment advance directive,” Burlington County Times, 10/7/2018
- “I survived life-threatening cancer. I would have wanted aid in dying if it came to it,” NJ.com, 10/7/2018
- “I saw my sister’s terrible decline close up. We should allow death with dignity.” NJ.com, 10/14/2018
Around the U.S.
- Connecticut: “Death with dignity — Why doesn’t Connecticut have it?” CT Mirror, 10/4/2018
- Hawaii: “The Need For Timely Access To Medical Aid In Dying,” Honolulu Civil Beat, 10/4/2018
- Texas: “My vibrant mother wasn’t allowed any control over her own death,” Dallas News, 10/13/2018
Featured image by Elena.