In the two weeks from September 17 to September 30, 2019:
- In advance of a vote on a death with dignity bill in the New Jersey State Assembly, Times of Trenton and Daily Record editorialized in support of death with dignity legislation in New Jersey.
- A Virginia state government report on medical aid in dying was released for public comment.
- “N.J. needs to allow the terminally ill the right to a peaceful death | Editorial,” Times of Trenton / NJ.com, 9/19/2018
- “EDITORIAL: Supporting Aid in Dying bill a compassionate move,” Daily Record, 9/24/2018
- “Support compassionate Aid in Dying bill: Editorial,” Asbury Park Press, 9/24/2018
- “Letter: Legislation about dying with dignity,” NorthJersey.com, 9/25/2018
- “A Right to Die? Terminally Ill Telling NJ — Let Us Go with Dignity,” New Jersey 101.5, 9/26/2018
- “My husband died in agony, and he didn’t have to. State must pass Aid-in-Dying bill,” NJ.com, 9/27/2018
- “NJ lawmakers hear testimony on ‘right to die’ bill,” News12, 9/27/2018
- “A New Jersey woman is fighting to pass an ‘aid in dying’ bill: ‘It was horrible how my husband died’,” Yahoo! Lifestyle, 9/28/2018
- “Should terminally ill patients be allowed to choose when they die? The medical-aid-in-dying debate comes to Virginia,” Virginia Mercury, 9/24/2018
- “State seeks public comments on study examining medical aid-in-dying laws,” Roanoke Times, 9/27/18
- “Assisted suicide provides one last privilege,” Sonoma State Star, 9/18/2018
- “‘Helder’s Story’ pays tribute to man who took life-ending medications after 12 years of battling cancer,” Los Angeles Times’ La Canada Valley Sun, 9/25/2018
- “Western Mass. legislative candidates speak out in support of Death with Dignity Bill (Guest viewpoint),” MASS Live, 9/17/2018
- “GUEST COMMENTARY: Medical aid in dying important for some with disabilities,” Wicked Local Lexington, 9/28/2018
- “Letter: Mass. end-of-life law would be both popular and safe,” Berkshire Eagle, 9/28/2018
Around the U.S.
- Colorado: “The Art of Dying Well,” 5280, October 2018
- New Mexico: “Know the facts before opposing an end-of-life options law,” Albuquerque Journal, 9/18/2018
- USA: “AMERICANS’ ATTITUDES TOWARD SUICIDE ARE SOFTENING,” Pacific Standard, 9/21/2018
Featured image by Darren Hester.