In the month from July 30 to September 2, 2018:
- We published our 2018 Annual Report.
- The California 4th Circuit Court of Appeal issued a tentative ruling overturning a lower court’s decision against the End of Life Option Act based on the plaintiffs’ lack of standing.
Around the U.S.
- California: “SLO medical community won’t help terminally ill patients like me die with dignity,” The Tribune, 8/8/2018
- Hawaii: “Medical Aid In Dying In Hawaii: Appropriate Safeguards Or Unmanageable Obstacles?” Health Affairs, 8/13/2018
- Maine: “Forums on Death with Dignity initiative planned Sept. 15,” Village Soup, 8/31/2018
- Massachusetts: “Political candidates advocate for medically assisted death,” Daily Hampshire Gazette, 8/29/2018
- New Mexico: “NM should put a dignified death ahead of politics,” Albuquerque Journal, 8/26/2018
- Ohio: “Jack D’Aurora: Is choosing death with dignity a moral decision?,” Columbus Dispatch, 8/18/2018
- Texas: “Death with Dignity Law allows terminally ill to meet death with grace, purpose,” Victoria Advocate, 8/11/2018
- Washington: “‘No one is ever really ready’: Aid-in-dying patient chooses his last day,” NBC via Kaiser Health News, 8/8/2018
- “Medical aid in dying is not the same thing as suicide,” Kansas City Star, 8/4/2018
- “How Should Physicians Care for Dying Patients with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis?” AMA Journal of Ethics, August 2018
- “Should Alzheimer’s Patients Have The Right To Choose Physician-Assisted Suicide?,” American Council on Science and Health, August 2018
Featured image by Wolfram Burner.