In the two weeks from May 21 to June 3, 2018:
- The California End of Life Option Act was invalidated in court. The law is no longer in effect.
- A new Gallup poll found 72 percent of Americans support some form of assisted dying.
- “California appeals to save assisted death law,” Sacramento Bee, 5/21/2018
- “California attorney general appeals judge’s decision to overturn physician-assisted suicide law,” Los Angeles Times, 5/21/2018
- “We each deserve the right to die with dignity. Reinstate the End of Life Option Act,” Sacramento Bee, 5/21/2018
- “California files to block ruling that ends right-to-die law,” San Jose Mercury News, 5/21/2018
- “California attorney general appeals ruling overturning medically assisted suicide law,” Washington Examiner, 5/22/2018
- New York Times (via Associated Press), 5/22/2018
- “California Seeks to Resurrect Assisted Suicide,” Washington Free Beacon, 5/22/2018
- “California’s ‘End of Life’ law is in jeopardy. Here is what’s at stake.” San Diego Union Tribune, 5/22/2018
- “Live and let live or die,” VCReporter, 5/23/2018
- “What physician-assisted suicide foes don’t understand: Aid in dying is healthcare,” Los Angeles Times, 5/23/2018
- “I talked to a man with two months to live. Dying with dignity is a right we all deserve.,” Desert Sun, 5/23/2018
- “No stay of ruling that tossed California assisted-death law,” Los Angeles Times, 5/23/2018
- “Appeals Court Rejects Bid to Save Assisted Suicide,” Washington Free Beacon, 5/24/2018
- “California’s physician-assisted suicide law is overturned — for now,” San Diego Union Tribune, 5/25/2018
- “Right to Die: law suspended, judge rules,” San Jose Mercury News, 5/25/2018
- “California’s assisted-death law in legal limbo,” San Francisco Chronicle, 5/26/2018
- “Terminally ill people in California should be able to end their suffering,” San Luis Obispo Tribune, 5/29/2018
- “Right to die: Doctors barred from prescribing life-ending drug,” San Jose Mercury News, 5/30/2018
- “Editorial: Court should recognize health of California’s right-to-die law,” San Jose Mercury News, 5/30/2018
- “Judge Rejects Bid to Vacate Assisted Suicide Ruling,” Washington Free Beacon, 5/31/2018
- “Court invalidates aid-in-dying law, sparking confusion, anxiety,” Ventura County Star, 5/31/2018
- “George Boardman: The busy bodies are still trying to tell us how to lead our lives,” The Union, 6/3/2018
- “Terminally ill New Yorkers can’t get help from doctors when they want to die,” The Altamont Enterprise, 5/24/2018
- “Fred Scheller: Death with dignity should be a choice left to each of us,” The Daily Star, 6/3/2018
Around the U.S.
- Texas: “We need to talk about death [Commentary],” Houston Chronicle, 6/1/2018
- Modern Medicine Network, 5/22/2018
- “Americans’ Strong Support for Euthanasia Persists,” Gallup News, 5/31/2018
Featured image by Elena.