In the week from March 19 to March 25, 2018:
- Hawaii State Senate Judiciary Committee passed HB2739 HD1, Our Care Our Choice Act, an assisted dying bill, 4 to 1. A floor vote in the Senate will follow within days.
- “The Last Committee: Medical Aid In Dying Bill Now Goes To Full Senate,” Honolulu Civil Beat, 3/23/2018
- “Medically assisted death bill passes last major hurdle in Hawaii Legislature,” Honolulu Star Advertiser, 3/23/2018
- “Senate committee advances bill to allow medical aid in dying,” KHON, 3/24/2018
- “Special report: End-of-Life Options Act in its second year in Colorado; relatively few have used it,” Pueblo Chieftain, 3/24/2018
- “Special report: End-of-Life Option peaceful for Colorado Springs resident,” Pueblo Chieftain, 3/26/2018
Around the U.S.
- Connecticut: “‘Aid in dying’ bill back before lawmakers,” WTNH, 3/20/2018
- Washington, D.C.: “End-of-life care and food justice dominate committee on health hearing,” Street Sense Media, 3/19/2018
Featured image by Elena.