In the week from February 6 to February 12, 2017:
- An assisted dying bill was tabled in a Utah House Committee.
- Washington, D.C. prepared for today’s markup of the US House resolution to block the new Death with Dignity law.
District of Columbia
- “House To Take First Step Towards Blocking D.C. Assisted Suicide Bill,” WAMU, 2/7/2017
- “Chaffetz pledges to seek vote in House to overturn D.C. assisted-suicide law,” Washington Post, 2/8/2017
- “House Committee Making Moves To Block Death With Dignity Bill On Monday,” DCist, 2/8/2017
- “Republicans Prep Measure To Overturn D.C. Assisted Suicide Law,” Daily Caller, 2/9/2017
- California: “Will They Or Won’t They? Physician Participation In End Of Life Option Act,” Capital Public Radio, 2/7/2017
- Utah: “Death With Dignity Bill Fails to Advance,” Utah Political Capitol, 2/10/2017
- Washington: “Bill Proposes Changes to Death With Dignity Act,” Spokane Public Radio, 2/8/2017
More on the Gorsuch nomination:
- “Reading Between the Lines for Gorsuch’s Views on Abortion,” New York Times, 2/6/2017
- “Supreme Court Pick Gorsuch: Assisted Death Is Always Wrong,” Medscape, 2/8/2017