Last week, from February 22 to February 28, 2015:
- Brittany Maynard’s mother, Debbie Ziegler, appeared on Dr. Oz show (video preview | summary), and husband, Dan Diaz, posted an op-ed in Time magazine.
- Utah saw a bill introduced.
- A public debate about Death with Dignity began in Alaska
- New Hampshire debated a bill establishing a committee to explore end-of-life options.
- Polls in Maryland and showed strong support for bills proposed in those states.
- The Applied Sentience blog called Death with Dignity a top three political battle this year, as continued debates in California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and other states demonstrate.
- The artist and Death with Dignity advocate Leonard Nimoy died.
- “Counterpoint: Right to die laws give control to terminally ill,” Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman, 2/23/2015
- “‘Death with Dignity’ bill sparks tough conversation,” KTUU2, 2/26/2015
- “Know Your Neighbors: Will California Finally Allow Death With Dignity?,” Coachella Valley Independent, 2/25/2015
- “Opinion: The paradox of a government that cavalierly kills people but prevents assisted suicide,” Los Angeles Times, 2/26/2015
- “After UC Irvine grad chooses to die, ‘Death with dignity’ gains traction, but some fear dire consequences,” Orange County Register, 2/27/2015
- “It’s good to have choices,” Napa Valley Register, 2/27/2015
- WFSB 3 News, 2/23/2015
- “Supporters, Opponents Galvanize Around Bill Allowing Terminally Ill to End Their Lives,” WNPT, 2/24/2015
- “Aid In Dying Offers Control At The End,” Hartford Courant, 2/27/2015
- Delmarva Now, 2/22/2015: “Starting the debate on end of life”; “Let free will prevail for terminally ill patients”; “Death with dignity should be a choice”; “Do you support a “death with dignity” law in Maryland?”
- “Goucher Poll Releases Results on Politician Approval Ratings, Local Presidential Hopefuls, Transportation, Vaccines, and the Environment,” Goucher College, 2/26/2015
- Eagleton Institute of Politics at Rutgers University’s Center for Public Interest Polling, 2/25/2015
- “New Jersey fighting to die, Christie mum,” Asbury Park Press, 2/27/2015
- “8 things to know about New Jersey’s death with dignity law,” Asbury Park Press, 2/27/2015
- “Most N.J. residents support ‘aid in dying’ bill to help terminally ill patients end their lives, poll shows,” NJ.com, 2/27/2015
- “‘Right to die’ bill being unveiled in the Utah State Legislature,” FOX13, 2/23/2015
- “Right to die debate expected to hit Utah’s Capitol Hill,” Good4Utah.com, 2/24/2015
- “Utah lawmaker proposes aid-in-dying bill,” The Salt Lake Tribune, 2/24/2015
- “Utah guv concerned about aid-in-dying bill becoming ‘Kevorkian scheme’,” The Salt Lake Tribune, 2/25/2015
- Maine: “Maine Voices: Discussion should begin on right to make one’s own end-of-life decision,” Press Herald, 2/23/2015
- Massachusetts: “Assisted suicide back on legislative table,” Gloucester Times, 2/27/2015
- Montana: “End-of-life freedom under attack again,” Missoulian, 2/24/2015
- New Hampshire: “Bill aims to give citizens more control at end of life,” SeacoastOnline.com, 2/25/2015
Featured image by m01229.