End of Life Washington (formerly Compassion & Choices of Washington) guides people in planning for the final days of their lives. They
- provide free end-of-life counseling and client support services statewide to qualified patients who desire a peaceful death;
- encourage advance planning and set a new standard in Washington for advance planning documents with their End of Life Washington Advance Directive;
- promote the use of Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST) for those with serious illnesses;
- steward, protect, and uphold the Washington Death with Dignity Act; and
- advocate for better pain management, patient-directed end-of-life care, and expanded choice for the terminally ill.